Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 1 Supreme 90 Day

We were so busy in the last week that I couldn't start the fitness odyssey until today.  I started following the program and day 1 is Intro Chest & Back.  It starts with a warm up, then you exercise followed by a cool down.  You need two different sets of hand weights (one lighter than the other) and an exercise ball.

The Chest & Back video
I thought it had easy parts and challenging parts.  I have never been a muscle guy, so my arms are pretty weak.  There are a lot of push ups in this video and by the end, my arms were fatigued.  Doing push ups while on the ball was more difficult than it appears.  The hardest exercise was when in a push up position and you bring opposite hands and knees together.  It takes quite a bit of coordination and balance.  The push ups at the end were difficult because my hand weights don't have a lot of room, so my knuckles were digging into the carpet.  I only used my lighter weights for all the exercises because I don't want to be to tired to work later today.

The easy parts (easy to do... definitely gave it my all) were the sit up type exercises.  The easy and hard exercises usually alternated which definitely helps you get coordinated with the video and not so turned off in attitude.

The meal plan
The daily meals are broken into 5 or 6 (last one sometimes optional) meals.  3L or 12cups of water daily, starting with 4 cups when you wake up.  Well, if I'm drinking that much water when I wake up, there will have to be a break after 15 minutes of exercise to go to the bathroom!  I will drink my 4 cups shortly.

One thing that has me scratching my head is the first meal for day 1.  It is a tremendous amount of food:
A regular serving of oatmeal (what I sometimes eat for breakfast)
PLUS 5-6 egg whites
Now I understand they are trying to give us lots of protein, but I am just not THAT hungry this morning.  I will have my oatmeal but pass on the eggs.  We'll see what my body says after exercising and tackling meal 1 of day 2 when you eat cream of wheat PLUS 5-6 hard boiled eggs plus one egg white.  Maybe I'll turn into Rocky Balboa!

Meal 4 calls for a protein shake, so I'll have to go to Walgreens at lunch and pick up some powder.

I also will be going to the gym tonight and since I worked on my chest and arms I will use the elliptical or treadmill to concentrate on my legs.

Here are my starting stats:
Weight:180.4 (damn... the burgers and beer got to me this weekend). Goal 155
Body fat: 29.7%
Waist: 39.75 (around the largest part of my belly)
Thigh: 24
Calf: 16
Bicep: 13.5
Chest: 41

I'd love to see me drop 2 pounds per week, but from what I read, a gain in the first week is likely.  So although I will try for 172 by Aug 3, I will accept 174 if I gain weight between now and next Wed.

Are you with me?  Let's hear what you think about the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment