Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 Supreme 90 Day Ultimate Ball

It was tough riding the elliptical at the gym last night after completing S90 the morning before, but the extra workout will pay off.  It was a short ride at 45 minutes but I worked up a good sweat and it said I burned a lot of calories (not sure I believe what the machine says... but that's another story.)

I did pretty well on the food side yesterday making a few substitutions but eating 6 smaller meals and drinking a ton of water.  No artificial sweeteners were consumed.

Ultimate Ball
Upon waking up, I popped in the DVD and got to work.  This one was more challenging balance-wise than yesterday's routine because everything involves the ball.  I need to inflate it some more because it is too squishy and some of the exercises were not possible.  I had fun doing them and again got my heart rate up and worked a good sweat.  This video really concentrates on your abs.

Hardest part: going full extension with feet on the ball and lifting one leg at a time for 30 seconds.  If you felt a tremor near your house, that was me shaking by the end of the second leg.

Best part: I have arthritis in my pelvis so I REALLY like the moves where you lie on your back, put the ball between your legs and rotate left and right.  That motion helps relieve my pain.

Meals
I can't believe they want us (men) to eat 5 to 6 hard boiled eggs plus one yolk (really?) AND a full portion of cream of wheat for breakfast.  Whoa.  So far I have eaten 4 eggs and we'll see about the cream of wheat.  I may make that my meal #2.  We're supposed to add flax and wheat germ to the cream of wheat, so I figure that is to get our fiber intake up.  No problem -- I take metamucil and get the fiber I need that way.

I bought a large fillet of salmon at Costco yesterday, so I will cook/freeze that today for portions throughout the week.

It's a bit interesting trying to fit this meal plan into my family's because dinners, in particular, don't align well.  But I am flexible and will adjust my intake the best I can.  It is a guideline and not a firm plan, IMO.

Tomorrow
Day #3 on the calendar they give you shows a day of rest.  I have been working out for 10 months now, so I am not resting tomorrow.  I am skipping to day #4 and Tabata Inferno.  Everyone says that is a bitch of a workout.  Can't wait to try it!


Tonight I will work out with my wife at the gym.  Hopefully she joins me in the mornings to join my on this fitness odyssey.

Get moving!

2 comments:

  1. You are going full steam ahead! Impressive - but don't feel bad/guilty about resting up at some point. Does that mean you haven't had a single day of rest in 10 months? If so, are you Super Bionic Man?! :D I didn't look at the food plan with S90 very closely as I'm doing my own food plan and experimenting with different points from 3 main eating styles. That does seem like a lot. Ohhh I totally agree about the ball, laying on back and relieving lower body pains. That one did feel great. Every day is like Christmas now in regards to soreness. You never know for sure what's going to pop up sore in the morning after S90 days. LOL Good luck today! Oh yeah - ZERO artificial sweetners?! wow! Good job. I have a longgggg way to go on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yes, I have rested, sometimes too much. But my body is not nearly so fatigued that I need a day off tomorrow. I'd rather move forward!

    The only sweeteners I have used in the last two days are a bit of honey in my coffee and 1T of real maple syrup in my oatmeal (love that!)

    I'm feeling some burn this afternoon but nothing that a few Advil can't take care of...

    Salmon was great at lunch. I made it by poaching in LF buttermilk until medium. Extras will be cold on a salad tomorrow for lunch.

    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete