Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Crazy Kids Need to Learn a Lesson

Two are home for the summer from college and the three of them decided to bake pie last night.  They didn't follow the directions and it ended up falling through to the bottom of the oven and started to burn at 1am last night.  Lots of inconsiderate noise followed and the whole house smelled of smoke, so I got little sleep.

Bright and early at my 7am wakeup time, I decided they needed to feel the pain I do.  I got out the vacuum cleaner and started to clean the hallway in front of their bedrooms and woke them up.  Then I gave them a speech about what they did and how inconsiderate they were, and followed it up with chores to do and instructions to not go back to sleep.

What a lovely start to my day.  Hopefully they fully learn the lesson brought upon themselves and don't repeat this behavior.

Note about fitness: I may start tomorrow instead of today.  I ran a 5k on the treadmill last night and went on the spinner for another 20 mins.  Awfully tired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment