Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 14 Supreme 90 Day fitness Legs

I love and hate this DVD all at the same time.  The abs workout in the first 5-8 minutes is incredible. Hard. I want to do this some more and may do some of these at the gym on random nights because it will really help reduce my love handles and develop my abs.

The legs portion is tough.  It contains a lot of squatting to attack your calves and thighs. I had to slow down today because my heart rate went too high, but that's ok.  For the most part, I kept going and was glad when we were done.  Tomorrow is back to Chest/Back (DVD 1).

Recipe
Last night for dinner we used the leftover satay chicken by adding it to some nan bread with mango/peach/onion chutney I made (very little sugar and a little soy sauce). It also had mint, cilantro, cucumber, a little fresh peach/mango, sweet onions and topped with some arugula.  I thought this was awesome!  Next time we will make it healthier by using Flatout flat rolls.  You can find the recipe in this month's (August?) Cooking Light magazine which was just delivered this week.  Oops... it might have been the June issue.  I'll check later.


I am still eating less than the plan calls for, but using their suggestions for oatmeal, flaxseed, wheat germ, whey powder, yogurt, etc..  I added a half a scoop of protein whey powder to my oatmeal, but it was a little too vanilla tasting and added too much bitterness.  I will stick to using it in yogurt smoothies.

I had put a complaint into our gym because it was so #$^$%& hot and humid in there that it makes working out unpleasant.  We've had a spell of high temps of 95-101, so I understand, but hell, I pay a lot of bucks to the gym and if they need to spend extra on the air conditioning, do so, because otherwise it would be better to workout in my basement where it is really cool.  They called and said they've been working on the system but they don't have a dehumidification system.  Hopefully our visit tonight will be better.  Otherwise I will need to convince my wife to go early in the morning to beat the heat that is accumulated during the day.

Alright everyone... work hard! The weekend is almost here!  I'd love to see some more comments and new followers if you're out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment