Sunday, July 10, 2011

The S90D Nutrition Guide

I am still perplexed about the quantity of food the guide lists we should eat each day.  I am full just eating 2/3 of the plan.  For instance, this morning called for the hard boiled eggs and I only ate 4 of the 5-6+ they recommend. I am not Cool Hand Luke after all. Also did not eat the cereal but I ate a half a piece of lightly buttered whole grain toast.  And despite being full from that meal, I just ate a half serving of cream of wheat.  Now I am back to being very full.

Recipe
I made a slight modification on the cream of wheat that I thought I would share because it tasted pretty good:
1/2 cup water, bring to boil
add 1/2 Tbsp EACH flaxseed and wheat germ
add a little salt. taste and add a little more if necessary
add 1.5 Tbsp of cream of wheat
Stir to make sure you get no lumps
Add .5 Tbsp of real maple syrup (optional)
Cook a few minutes until right consistency
Pour into bowl and stir in 1 Tbsp of vanilla whey protein powder and stir until smooth.

I really liked the vanilla/maple taste along with the nutty elements of flax/wheat germ.  Excuse me while I veg out from my carb-load meal #2...

Hey! Get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment