Saturday, July 9, 2011

Possibly a Day Off

My body is pleasantly achy in my arms and shoulders and I am thinking of invoking the rest day I missed.  I may still proceed to the next exercise later, and I am definitely doing a few of the ball exercises this morning to make my pelvis stretch out and feel good.

I am pretty sure I am in for a pleasant surprise when I weigh myself on Wednesday.  My jeans are pretty loose.  We'll see.

Last night we had pizza after not having it for 3 or 4 weeks.  We used to eat it pretty much every Friday but I have been taking control of our dinner choices to have the family eat healthier.  I ate fewer pieces than normal... only 5... plus a nice salad to complement it.  A beer after we got back from the gym (yes, I am a glutton for punishment) did me in for the rest of the night.

At the gym I went on the elliptical and completed 2mi burning 400+ calories (if you really believe the numbers) and then hit a spinner for 15 minutes.  Needless to say, these morning/evening workouts really make me tired.

Recently (even before Supreme 90 Day) I have been noticing developing biceps and my chest becoming flatter and perhaps a hint of firm abs starting to appear.  I've never been a fitness nut, but I am liking what I am seeing.  Based on what I see of friends' pictures my age on facebook, I am ahead of the game.

According to the nutrition guide with S90, this morning's breakfast should include muesli (don't have it) with milk and 5-6 hard boiled eggs plus one yolk.  I think I will eat 3 eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast and eat some oatmeal with apple as meal #2.  More poached salmon awaits me for lunch (leftover from yesterday). We might be going out for dinner but it will be easy to order grilled chicken breast with brown rice.

Recipe
By the way, here is how I cooked the salmon.  Put a piece about the size of 12 ounces in a small omelette pan, add two bay leaves, sprinkle with a little sea salt, onion powder and garlic powder, and add buttermilk to go up a little more than half way over the fish.  Turn the flame on high until it just comes to a boil, then turn it down to medium-low to just keep it at a simmer.  You really have to watch it about every 90 seconds or it might start to boil again and you don't want that.  Look at the bottom and when it turns to the pink/white color, flip the fish.  This will make the temp in the pan go down again, so you might have to kick the flame up to get it back to a simmer.  The total time per side will be about 6-8 minutes, and if your fish is very fresh, like mine is from Costco, you are looking to cook it to medium or medium rare.  You can cook it through if you want, which would probably be about 10 mins per side.  The idea is to cook it SLOWLY.  It comes out nice and juicy and the buttermilk draws out any fishy taste.  IMO, this is even better the next day eaten cold.

Hope your weekend is full of fun with family and friends.  Keep moving!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Sounds like you are in high gear with 2 a days. that feeling of seeing/feeling arm muscles and so on is awesome isn't it?! I love it too as I never had muscles in my entire life. Yesterday was cardio challenge. Yowza. Killer--especially by the time I got to burpees I had to modify. Today is legs. I expect I will be so sore I will have trouble moving tomorrow. hahaha UGH have summertime cabin fever so bad today. Summer here is just miserabbbbbllllle. Where are you again? Canada?

    ReplyDelete