Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recipe - Satay Chicken with Peanut Sauce

Everyone in my house loves this. You soak chicken in a soy/peanut butter/lime juice marinate for at least two hours then cook for a few minutes per side on the grill.  Our grill is out, so I cooked it in the oven on broiler setting.  We serve with rice although a thai version quinoa would be good too.

http://www.thai-info.net/thaifood/chicken_satay.htm

I used smooth peanut butter and mixed the marinate in the blender.  I skewer the chicken when the marinade is done, and I put it in a ziplock bag because it is easy to eliminate the air and mix it around a couple of times.

The peanut sauce is simple:
1/2 can Coconut Milk
eyeball half the amount of Peanut butter
1T Soy sauce (maybe a little more)
1T Brown sugar (maybe a little more)
1/4 tsp chili paste
Cook until bubbly.
Just remember this is a dipping sauce and not a topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment