Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 5 Supreme 90 Day Shoulders Arms

I woke up early to get this exercise in, despite being Sunday, and I was greeted with an easier workout than the workout from hell (Tabata Inferno).  Well, easier in that it concentrates on my upper body strength and as a result it keeps my rate rate low.  I wore my heart rate monitor (Polar FT7) for the first time during an S90 workout, and the only time it breached 120 was at the end when I was working extra hard and nearing fatigue.

Workout
It is obvious that I need more and heavier hand weights.  I plan on buying 15s next because at times the 4s and 10s are just too light.  I know... who would have thought that with me!  I will be ready for the next circuit.  Note that there is more continuous workouts with this DVD and fewer breaks.

Favorite: the early part concentrating on the abs. Nice variety.
Least favorite: Push ups that work the triceps. Hard to do!

Meals
My wife and I went out for dinner with friends and we continued with the eat-healthier plan we've developed.  That means we order one regular (hopefully lower fat/calorie) dish plus a dinner salad and share both.  So at Buffalo Wild Wings we shared a grilled chicken salad (mostly lettuce and chicken) and 12 wings with Asian Zing.  Yeah, the sauce is bad for us, but the coating is pretty thin and we don't ask for extra.  My wife's downfall is ordering popcorn at the movies.  It is a battle at the counter, me:small, her:large.  To date, the best I can do is convince her to share a medium with me.  I really want to get her in the mindset that popcorn is a treat and not a meal!  Especially after just having dinner.  Hopefully she changes in the future.  I am still proud of the weight loss she has had to date, but like me, has leveled on a plateau and needs to bump up calorie expenditure, and lessen intake.

We plan on going to the gym later today and are headed for our farmer's market shortly.  Tomorrow's workout is the Cardio Challenge and I'm excited to see what is in store.

Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment