Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6 Supreme 90 Day Cardio Challenge

I like the variety of this video. Virtually nothing is repeated and each routine is 30 seconds on, then 30 seconds rest.  I had to do a few exercise substitutions because I didn't want to get my heart rate too high, but I got it into the 130-145 range doing these routines.  This video was a nice challenge and not over the top.

I know I need to get heavier weights because the 5's I've been using just are not challenging.  I did this on purpose for week 1 so I can transition into two-a-day workouts without being so fatigued that I want to quit going to the gym with my wife.  This has worked well.  I will pick up some 10 and 15 pound weights to use.  It will be harder to do this video next time.

Hardest exercise: One arm push ups (start with two arms but then lift one hand up.)  Even though I have good balance, my wrists are just too weak to do this well.  I substituted other push ups.
Favorite: Still the bicycle crunches and crunches using weights from side to side.

Tomorrow is day 7 - Legs.  I will take my measurements on Wednesday and post them so you can follow along.  I am still hopeful for very good news.

Not to brag (well, maybe it is!), but my wife noticed my stronger and flatter abs (long way to go) but that really makes me work harder.  I've recently noticed and commented to her about weight she's lost all over, but especially in areas that she's been working on like arms (underside), waist and one that she didn't notice but I did... under her chin.  Love the progress she's been making and I'm still hopeful that she joins me in the mornings to do the Supreme 90 Day, but so far she hasn't.

Tonight will be jogging on the treadmill (if it is cool enough at the gym) or elliptical and some weights.

Alright everyone... get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment